Here is some information that can be shared with SNAP recipients and federal employees regarding SNAP and food access in Ulster County, NY. A key takeaway for SNAP recipients should be that any February SNAP benefits distributed early are meant to last until the end of February.
- OTDA is releasing February SNAP benefits early
- Q&A about SNAP benefits and the shutdown. Links to OTDA and DSS.
- Map of Kingston Food Resources, including pantries and soup kitchens
- Map of Ulster County food pantries and soup kitchens
- People’s Place has changed their policy: People can now use the food pantry twice a month and they have begun putting much more food out on the bounty table
- Family of Woodstock and Community Action are looking for more food and supplies via food drives. Both agencies have multiple locations around the county.
- USDA 10 tip sheet “Save more at the grocery store”.