In late 2017, then-Ulster County Executive Mike Hein announced an intra-community task force to combat the opioid crisis in Ulster County. The goal of the Ulster County Opioid Prevention [...]
We are building a better Kingston
to walk, bike, eat, and play!
The Live Well Kingston Commission promotes the advancement of a healthy and active community by bringing partners and residents together to facilitate policy, environmental and systems changes.
We are Age Well,Travel Well, Eat Well, Heal Well and Play Well.
Supporting environmental changes in Kingston that improve Senior Citizens' access to opportunities for active and healthy aging.
Providing transportation agencies & the City of Kingston with tools & recommendations to develop a more complete system that fosters active transportation & healthy living.
Supporting and promoting local efforts to improve access to healthy foods throughout the community.
Supporting policy, systems and environmental change to facilitate growth and maintenance of public parks, recreational facilities and open spaces.
Live Well Kingston envisions a community environment that promotes and supports healthier lifestyle choices.
Live Well Kingston brings partners and residents together to facilitate policy, environmental, and systems changes that result in a healthy and active community.
What We Do
Live Well Kingston :
- Serves as a resource for education and a catalyst for decisions that foster healthy attitudes
- Acts as a catalyst of programming, policy, systems and environmental change
- Improves access to healthy, affordable, local food for children and families
- Improves access to parks for active play through environmental changes and programming
- Improves access to a safe and enjoyable walking and bicycling environment
- Creates synergies among organizations to provide healthy eating and physical activity programming for families and children using Kingston’s assets
- Creates alignment among the efforts of several organizations and groups
By coming together as one network working in alignment toward a common goal, Live Well Kingston members are able to:
- Define a common agenda
- Build knowledge and alignment through shared measurement and regular meetings
- Work more efficiently with mutually reinforcing activities
- Build alliances and partnerships to attract shared funding sources
- Improve multiple health indicators simultaneously
How We Operate
The Live Well Kingston Commission meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, from 4 to 5:30pm, in Conference Room #1, at City Hall and is open to the public. Currently there are five focus teams: Travel Well, Eat Well, Play Well, Heal Well and Age Well. The Focus Teams bring together partners already working in the topic area to foster communications and synergies.
Who We Are
Focus Team Chairs
good words. good people.
“I was terrified of this thing. And I was also embarrassed that someone was going to discover how stupid I was. Then this young lady came into my life. She is so patient, so kinds, and just goes after everything so slowly and at my pace. Now I’m actually looking for a job and I’m able to do it online”