Ulster County and Kingston’s healthcare needs are served by a patchwork of hundreds of organizations and thousands of practitioners and volunteers. The role of those organizations and [...]
We facilitate and strengthen communication by engaging residents and organizations in activities to access healthy options. We bring together people working as health providers in Kingston to improve access to health facilities, increase knowledge of opportunities, develop healthy options, break down silos, and support needs assessment.
Our partners include social workers, health practitioners, doctors, non-profit and for-profit organizations, medical staff, yoga instructors, healers, government staff, and residents interested in health issues.
We envision an environment where all community members have access to healthy options to prevent disease and everyone can easily access affordable health care.
To promote complete physical, mental and social well-being in the City of Kingston by:
- Directing and supporting changes in policies, systems and environments,
- Providing tools to patients and to healthcare and human services providers to treat and prevent lifestyle-related chronic diseases, and
- Creating health equity, or social justice in health, so everyone in Kingston has a fair opportunity to live a long, healthy life.
What we are doing!
We meet monthly on the first Friday at City Hall to discuss barriers to health and solutions to make real change in access to health. RSVPs are appreciated. Please email eflynn@Kingston-NY.gov.
Our 2019 Goals are:
- Support community organizations who provide health related services and foster collaboration
- Build community awareness around our mission and initiatives
- Support community health with an awareness of reducing health disparities
We want your feedback about what it takes to create a community where the healthy choice is the easy choice!