Piece of Mind
Have you wanted to try meditation or mindfulness?
- Join Shawn and Micah’s 30 day mindfulness experiment which builds from one minute on January first and ends with 30 on the last day.
We are lucky to have a number of gyms, yoga studios, Pilates, and martial arts organizations in our area. Several have specials going on for the New Year.
- Bodies by Colotti has a 2019 New Body Project, think boot camp, where you get coaching, classes and nutrition support for a flat fee for January.
- The YMCA has a new members contest: If you join in January you will be entered to win a free month.
- The Hot Spot yoga studio is doing team challenges in January to win discounts.
- Kingston Athletics’ New Year’s Day class is free and open to all.
- The Yoga House is offering discounted unlimited yoga packages called: Be the Best Me in 2019: Upfront Unlimited Yoga Deals
- Innate Movement Parkour is doing a 40% off special on first time adult 5 packs. The code is NewYear19. Register here.
Thinking about dieting? How about meeting with a nutritionist?
- A number of Health Insurance companies or medical practices offer nutritional help. You may have to ask for it, which is the case for Medical Associates of the Hudson Valley.
- The Shop Rite of Kingston, 801 Miron Lane, has a dietitian on staff that provides cooking demos and one-on-one consultations for FREE. You just have to register.
- If you look a nutritionist, be sure to hire one that has been certified by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), so says Women’s Health Magazine.
- Ilyse Simon, RDN CDN, and Betsy Cashen, RD CDN are both certified and are based in Kingston.
- Weight Watchers has changed it’s name and many of it’s programs and seems to be a friendlier version of what it was before. They have a December special where if you loose 10 pounds you can get reimbursed for the first 2 months.
Whatever you decide to work on this year, be kind to yourself. It’s good to have goals, but don’t beat yourself up if you don’t reach them. Just remember, tomorrow is another day to try again.
Please use these programs at your own risk. We have not tested out these programs nor can we guarantee any kind of satisfaction. Consult a doctor before starting any new activity.